Major detoxification process
A healthy diet provides all the necessary minerals, vitamins, and fibers. However, during the first weeks or months, the body goes through a major detoxification process with two side effects.
1. During this detoxification period, the body loses important minerals and vitamins that need to be replaced with the help of proper vitamin and mineral supplements.
2. The detoxification process triggers acid production, leading to an imbalanced acid-base level in the body. To restore the optimal acid-base level, it is necessary to take a pH-neutraliser. You can find pH-neutraliser capsules or tablets in health food shops. Most pH-neutralisers come with pee strips that measures your pH level. The optimal value is between 6.2 and 6.5 in the morning and between 6.8 and 7.0 at lunchtime. If the value is lower than the optimum, the body is too acidic and requires a pH-neutraliser. For more information on the importance of an optimal pH value, please visit Acid-Alkaline Balance.
Other ways which support the release of toxic waste are:
- Drinking plenty of water.
- Repeating the colon cleansing.
- Taking a full bath for a minimum of 1 hour with approx. 5 table spoons of sodium-bi-carbonate and no bath cream. The sodium-bi-carbonat (available in the pharmacy) removes the toxins through the skin.