Major detoxification process
A healthy nutrition provides all minerals/vitamins/fibres/etc needed. However, in the first weeks or sometimes months the body goes through a major detoxification process with two side effects:
1. During this major clean-up good vitamins and minerals are lost and need to be replaced with the help of a good vitamin/mineral supplement.
2. The detox triggers acid-producing conditions in the body which brings the acid-base level of the body out of balance. To re-optimise the acid-base level it is necessary to take a pH-neutraliser (ask in a health food shop for pH neutraliser as capsules). Most pH-neutralisers include a pee strip which you can use to measure your pH level. The optimal value is between 6.2 and 6.5 in the morning and between 6.8 and 7.0 at lunch time. If the value is lower than the optimum the body is too acidic and needs the pH neutraliser. For more information on the importance of the optimal pH value go to Acid-Alkaline Balance.
Other ways which support the release of toxic waste are:
- Drinking plenty of water.
- Repeating the colon cleansing.
- Taking a full bath for a minimum of 1 hour with approx. 5 table spoons of sodium-bi-carbonate and no bath cream. The sodium-bi-carbonat (available in the pharmacy) removes the toxins through the skin.
- Bikram Yoga